Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hack The Planet

Recently, I came to the realization that I am a Hacker. Not to be confused with the stereotypical Russian hacker, who with some cool cryptic name, hacks away in a basement in Moscow, endlessly fueled by a steady stream of Stolichnaya and Malboro Lights. I like to think I am more of a "Freedom Hacker". Hacking gadgets and computers not for nefarious reasons, but rather for advancing the quality of life and artistic pursuits. I have no idea how to hack into a Swiss bank account, but what it comes to hacking a camera or a computer, I am good to go.

Over the past couple of years I have hacked a variety of devices. My first hacking experience was hacking Dell Mini 9 net-book's into fully functional OSX Macintoshes. After that, I built a Hackintosh super computer, that was faster and far cheaper than anything that was being offered by Apple. Then I hacked my Panasonic GH1 cameras, to fully unlock their amazing potential that was originally hindered by the manufacturer. I even went so far as to take an iPod Nano and turn it into an iWatch. And most recently, I hacked (rooted) my EVO 4G, to turn it into a free wifi hotspot.

To quote my boy Crash Override, "Hack The Planet!!!"