Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Text Messaging

Okay, I will admit it, I am one of the few people remaining in the world who doesn't like to text message from a cell phone.  This could be do to the fact that my cell phone is either too small, or my thumbs are too big.  Or maybe a little bit of both.  Thankfully there is hope for people like me who are TMC (text messaging challenged).   

You can easily send a text message from your computer using your favorite email account.  The secret is knowing how to address the message.  I have compiled a little list of the most common cell phone carriers and how you need to format the address to insure that your text message reaches your intended recipient.  

AT&T- phonenumber@txt.att.net
Sprint - phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
T-Mobile - phonenumber@tmomail.com
Verizon - phonenumber@vtext.com

e.g.  3105551212@txt.att.net

Now put down that phone and get text messaging!